Sunday, June 3, 2007

Food For Your Liquor


Tattoos, Bad Girls, and Good music. Thus was the setting for the U-N-I Album Release Party. It all went down last night in the Airplane terrorized community of Westchester California(LAX). I arrived there shortly after ten pm to find that my friend Charles and I were a little early, maybe too early. The wait was well worth it though. As we sat in the V.I.P section of the Hollywood Stars Tattoo parlor we had the opportunity to see all the fine females as they arrived, as well as take pictures with the BLINK booth,Fresh...I know. fast shout to BLINK.com.
In Picture: Me And Chuck Flexin'


DJ Swivel Provided the music for the evening, filling the venue with bass pounding, ear food I call REAL Hip-Hop(Dilla, Tribe, Common, ETC...). The event was all love. Everybody I go to school with was there since Yannick 'Thurzday' Koffi(one half of U-N-I) is an alumni of LMU. As a Matter of fact I think every fly person in LA was there. There were like a million people in the venue, and most of them were women...Heaven.
In Picture:Some Of The Ladies


Got to meet alot of cool people I have never seen or even heard of in my life, such as one of the craziest producers I've ever heard named Dibiase AKA Diabolic. This dude looks exactly like J Dilla and was dressed like he just came off the street, but man can he make a beat. This Nigga flips Video Game Beats Y'all. That's Talent.
In Picture: U-N-I and Dibiase:Myspace.com/dibiasebeats(In the yellow polo)


A lot of low key celebs in the building as well, such as Watts City Stix and Lil' Phizz of B2K(LOL). Just Like Black Folks, It took forever for U-N-I(Thurzday and Y.O.) to get on stage, but when they did, sheesh. These aren't your steroetypical west coast artist here y'all. Spit and Swagg is what makes this duo so deadly. They performed five songs, each keeping the crowd pumped. The finale called for all the sneaker heads in the audience to come on stage as they performed their hit K.R.E.A.M(Kicks rule everything around me)Produced by LA Native Dame Taylor. The bars were slick and the kicks were fresh. I really Hope my boys Blow up.

The Production on the album is very eclectic. Dibiase has three tracks on there, the best being Castlevania. Yes Like the Game. Other Producers on the album are Ro Blvd:myspace.com/roblvd(Sick), Dame Taylor(Sick), and my Boy Swiff D: myspac.com/swiffvega(Sick as Fuck). After Thurz and Y.O. ripped the stage the event turned into a Sean Paul video. Reggae!!! All in All the night was a huge success and even better I ain't have to pay for shit(I Love my Job). If you Don't have it already, go cop that U-N-I album Fried Chicken and Watermelon (Myspace.com/unimuzik ). It's well worth the five hots.


Peace.Love.H-life

J.Poakwa

No comments: