Tuesday, June 5, 2007

Album of The Week


Fresh Out the Album release party, I bring you a sample of the hot debut Album from U-N-I, "Fried Chicken & Watermelon". Feel free to change the tracks as you listen to selected cuts off their Album, located at the bottom of the page. The Track Listing for Fried Chicken & Watermelon is as follows:

1.Introduction
2.The Launch (Prod. by Ro Blvd)
3.Soul Hop (prod. Moufahza)
4.Let Me Be Me (prod. by Swiff D)
5.The Show 2007 (prod. by Proh Mic)
6.Do With Me (Prod. by Swiff D)
7.Let Me Sing For You Skit
8.Knock On Wood (Prod. by Swiff D)
9.Fat Girl (prod. by Proh Mic)
10.The Proposal (prod. by Proh Mic)
11.Castlevania (prod. by Dibiase)
12.Lap Dance (prod. by Dibiase)
13.Beautiful Day (prod. by Dibiase)
14.K.R.E.A.M ()prod. By Dame Taylor



Nowadays its hard to gauge where people will land in the Music business(We have all witnessed one hit wonders and gimmick rappers). However, If I was a Fortune Teller I'm pretty sure U-N-I would show up in a vision as one of the hottest new duo's on the market. Classic is a strong word when referring to an album(We all know of the infamous five Mic rating), but when I heard the catchy intro and smooth melody of "The Launch"(Produced by Ro. BLVD.), I kid you not, I had a dope overload. The beat accompanied with the fierce lyrics of Thurzday and YO grabs your attention, as if to say "You are my Bitch for the next hour!", while the listener begs for more. I found myself replaying the track over and over.



Photos by Wadeva Images


This Album is drenched in the sauce that makes REAL Hip-Hop the Food for one's Soul (had to some Popeye's afterwards). From the smooth lyrics of "Do Wit Me"(Produced By Swiff D) to the catchy hook, dope rhymes and ridiculous beat of "Castlevania"(Produced by Dibiase), U-N-I's "Fried Chicken & Watermelon" makes to be a complete helping of Hip-Hop at it's finest. This Album is a CLASSIC in every sense of the word. It's a shame that these dudes aren't signed yet.

However, at this rate U-N-I will be in your best buys and Circuit City's in no time. If your a fan of REAL Hip-Hop, then peep these guys. If your a fan of Country music, then peep these guys. Hell!, EMO niggas can see this shit is Fiyah..lol. Be sure to visit the groups myspace(myspace/unimuzik) for more information about the album and upcoming events. Once again the Songs are playing at the bottom of the page. Hope you enjoy.

Peace.Love.H-Life

J. poakwa

No comments: